As the only block to be formulated specifically for horses on Kikuyu pastures, Bovasol’s Calcium Lick is the ideal daily supplement.
RSA Reg No: V20165 Act 36/ 1947
As the only block to be formulated specifically for horses on Kikuyu pastures, Bovasol’s Calcium Lick is the ideal daily supplement. It is :
- easy to feed
- weather resistant
- supplies high levels of available calcium
- cost effective – horses only eat what they need
- Ideal for horses on high grain diets
The problem with some pastures, kikuyu in particular, is that:
- The phosphorus level is higher than the calcium level. Horses are sensitive to this.
- In addition, much of the calcium is in a form that is unavailable to the horse.
- This combination may result in a calcium deficiency.
- More noticeable in young stock and lactating mares, the symptoms include shifting lameness, poor condition and growth in horses on visibly good pastures, weakened bone structure and deformed and swollen facial bones
- Hacks and sport horses are more prone to tendon injuries and bone fractures.
- Horses should be given ad lib access to the Calcium Block while grazing on kikuyu. Daily intake will vary according to dietary requirements, age, growth rate and reproductive stage.